||Interior Designer-Hospitality Exp. LV
||Las Vegas, Nevada
||An industry-leading hospitality interior design firm, seeks a junior Interior Designer to contribute to our success by designing and overseeing projects from concept design through construction contract administration. The Design position is based in our fast-paced Las Vegas office, but will work on projects across the country. .
• Lead the design efforts for all stages of a project from start to finish, including leadership with the client, contractors, and internal team.
• Assist in management of projects through developing project scope, schedules, job production, quality, and fee management.
• Lead programming, conceptualization, development and integration of strategic design solutions.
• Lead design presentations to clients and brand
• Consult with manufacturers, research, and evaluate materials.
• Coordinate and lead the preparation of all deliverables including:
o Mood boards
o Design presentations
o Rendered plans, elevations, and views
o Specifications and drawings
o Full set of construction drawings
o Coordinate with consultants
o Finish, hardware, & plumbing selection and specifications
o FF&E selection and budgets
o Custom furniture design and specification
o Millwork details
o Finish boards and/or boxes
o FF&E binders
• Document interior design drawings.
• Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches, and visiting the construction site to gather information and/or prepare a punch list.
• Oversee the design work of others to ensure integrated and cohesive design, supervise preparation of drawings for all project phases, and ensure guidelines, quality control, standards and details.
• Lead all phases of the design process including programming and meeting brand standards.
• Supervise, develop and mentor Designers
• Work with Design Director to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, and project milestones
• Ensure on-time delivery of all scheduled deliverables
• Represent firm and manage design coordination between clients and consultants
• Attend site visits and client presentations and coordination meetings
• BA in Interior Design or higher degree required (FIDER accredited preferred)
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience working within the Hospitality Design Industry
• Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, and Photoshop. REVIT is a plus.
• Strong conceptual design approach
• Strong time management skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a team and ensure project deadlines are met.
• Strong experience in management and coordination of construction drawing sets with strong knowledge of construction detailing, materials, methods, and codes
• Strong experience in management and coordination of FF&E specification deliverables / implementation and available vendor/fabricators
• Collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, brand, consultants, vendors and internal staff
• LEED accreditation is a plus
• General knowledge of accessibility, building codes, and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design
• Ability to travel approximately 20-25% of the time
Excellent benefits, salary commensurate with experience. Send resume, design portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application