||San Francisco, California
||WANTED: DESIGNER OR JOB CAPTAIN FOR SAN FRANCISCO and LOS ANGELES OFFICE
dsk architects was established in 2006, with a focus on education and healthcare. With 18 full time staff, and 9 licensed architects shared between our San Francisco, San Luis Obispo and Los Angeles offices; the dsk offices have the camaraderie of a small studio with the benefits and resources of an established mid-size firm.
We’re looking for friendly, ambitious, sharp-minded professionals ready to grow professionally and share their knowledge and experience in a small and growing office. We embrace those who ask a lot of questions, are curious to learn, and willing to share. As a member of the dsk office, you’ll interact with clients, conduct site visits,grow new skillsets (or polish existing ones), and see your work realized in construction –with the support and guidance of your office co-workers along with our seasoned staff.
dsk is committed to providing a great work environment and good work-life balance. Our office is bright, ergonomic (electric sit/stand desks), and readable (40” 4K monitors for optimal drawing viewing). In addition to 15 PTO days + 7 Holidays, our compressed work schedule affords 12 Extra Off days a year, allowing more 3 and 4 day weekends without even touching your PTO.
WE NEED DESIGNERS WHO ARE…
• Qualified: you’ve a pre-professional or professional degree in architecture and have worked professionally in a Revit environment.
We are looking for someone with 1 to 5 years of combined intern/work experience. At the Job Captain level, Revit experience is
especially important as you will be coordinating the work of other designers on this platform. At the designer level, basic familiarity
with Revit and with project processes is needed. If you have never helped assemble or complete a Construction Document set,
you may not be a good applicant.
• Communicative: you listen to others, are sensitive to others’ communication styles, and are able to give and take constructive
feedback. You are willing to speak up respectfully if there are problems, and team members feel comfortable coming to you with
issues or questions when a solution needs to be found.
• Coordinated & Detailed: you catch your own mistakes often catch others’ mistakes before they see them. Many of our projects
are public bid, so well coordinated Construction Documents and Specifications are critically important to us. Our clients depend on our thoroughness to ensure that public funds are spent efficiently and well.
• Proactive: you raise issues before they become problems. Is there an elephant in the room that everyone is missing? Bring it up.
Often times the people nearest and dearest to the project are blind to the obvious problems that could afflict it.
• Reliable: you care about the project, follow through on your tasks, and take responsibility for your work. You don’t let others will
pick up where you left off. If you are handed a task, you give the person who handed it to you peace of mind that the task will get
done well. While quantity is important, quality takes precedence. A job half done, is a job not done at all.
• Courageous: when the project hits a bump in the road you hunker down and ride out the storm. You don’t flee when you see
trouble, you put up a good fight and guide the team out of the trenches.
• Guide or be guided in planning and producing construction documents in a manner that conforms to quality assurance, quality control and dsk Office Standards.
• Work with a multidisciplinary team to design attractive, constructible solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
• Communicate with other disciplines, vendors and contractors to facilitate incorporation of information into project
• Obtain permit approvals from regulating agencies whether OSHPD, DSA, or the local planning department.
• Produce presentation materials for clients or for marketing purposes.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT:
1. A resume, cover letter, and pdf copy or weblink to your portfolio.
2. In the letter, address your current professional level and what you hope to learn and do here.
3. Also, tell us about a time when you made a significant mistake at work, but stuck with it and resolved the problems.
4. Include work samples with your portfolio.
5. Keep the total e-mail size under 10 MB.
To see our work, check out our website at http://www.dskarch.com
To apply, please send you cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
• You should have a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in the State of California.
• Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
• No phone calls. We will confirm that we’ve received your application, and let you know whether or not you’ve been selected to
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application