||New York, New York
||RICE+LIPKA ARCHITECTS seeks Project Architect
R+L is a New York City-based architecture studio engaging the public with memorable works that approach normative issues unconventionally. We bring an energetic mix of civic-mindedness and resourceful vigor to a range of building, planning, art, and cultural research projects.
We are currently working on projects ranging from libraries, performance spaces, and academic work to exhibition design. We seek an experienced, talented Project Architect to work closely with the partners to lead projects in client communications, design and technical development (including drawing/representation work) and in construction administration.
· Prior experience with realized projects with recognized North American design studios.
· Min 6 years of recognized experience in all phases of design process: conceptual, detail & design development, construction documents, construction administration, site supervision.
· Desire and ability to work well under pressure, gauge time and meet deadlines. The position requires leading team, coordinating with consultants, as well as drawing & detailed redlining.
· Professional degree in architecture required, Masters preferred, licensed architect preferred.
· Excellent communications skill with complete fluency in written and spoken English.
· Highly developed organizational skills for client communications, consultant coordination, project scheduling, team leadership, contract documentation, building design, technical detailing, construction administration.
· Must have a strong drive to rigorously follow & maintain existing office digital filing systems, organization and nomenclature with incredible attention to detail.
· Knowledge of and experience with NYC Building Codes, zoning, filing processes.
· Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), Rhino, V-Ray, Adobe Suite, Work/Excel.
· Current NYC resident with all legal permits and visas required to work in USA.
Applications are only accepted by email, as a single pdf file. Include work samples, cv, and availability. All components of the application must be combined into a single PDF document no larger than 8MB. We cannot respond to applications submitted in other formats, including links to personal websites or portfolios. Submit .pdf applications, by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application