||New York, New York
||Fireplay is a multidisciplinary creative design studio specializing in immersive and engaging experiences within a variety of project types. We value a strong work ethic, passion for design and architecture, and innovative creativity. We are seeking an Intermediate Designer for immediate start in our New York office. The ideal candidate has a professional degree in architecture, previous solid work experience at a design-intensive firm and knows the meaning of working hard efficiently. He/she is hungry to learn and constantly striving to improve all aspects of his/her game. We are looking for a special talent with an observant open mind coupled with sophisticated design and graphic sensibility and unrestrained creative drive.
The successful candidate will work with our design team and contribute to various entertainment and architecture based design projects. Programming, conceptual studies, model making, preparation for and participation in client presentations, and ensuring design excellence are among the responsibilities involved. The Designer will be involved through all phases - from formulating concepts to resolving design details in the field during construction or fabrication.
• Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited university, Master’s degree preferred
• 3 years minimum professional experience in highly detailed architectural and design projects in all phases of project design and construction
• Extraordinary design ability and passionate interest in design at a variety of levels; including immersive environments, interior design, production and installation design, product design, and architecture
• Ability to execute beautiful presentation deliverables (physical models, drawings, diagrams, renders) within a rapid project schedule. Outstanding graphic presentation skills a bonus
• Mastery of 3D modeling, presentation and design software including extensive knowledge of AutoCad, Rhino, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator. Grasshopper and rendering software are a strong advantage
• Basic knowledge of materials, construction methods, and building codes
• The ability to communicate effectively, collaborate productively, and lead various tasks or phases in a team-based studio environment
• Outstanding problem-solving and organizational skills, and the ability to work pragmatically in design teams and on multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction clearly and effectively
• Comfortable working both independently and as a productive member of a team
• Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and verbal communication skills and the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
• Travel may be required
This is a full-time position with benefits; Fireplay is committed to providing competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance – but this is design and sometime travel and late nights are required.
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com to be considered for this position with “Intermediate Designer at Fireplay” as your title.
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application