Architectural Designer (Impact Fellowship)
||Architectural Designer (Impact Fellowship)
||Morgantown, West Viginia
||ABOUT GENERATION WEST VIRGINIA’S IMPACT FELLOWSHIP
Are you someone who loves finding creative solutions to complex challenges? Do you love the idea of having a seat at the table in a state that is reimagining its future? Are you looking for an opportunity to explore West Virginia’s beautiful and adventurous mountains?
This position is part of Generation West Virginia’s Impact Fellowship. This program invites passionate and innovative leaders to work, live and give in West Virginia through yearlong, paid fellowships at some of the Mountain State's most innovative companies. During the course of a year, Impact Fellows work 32 hours a week at one of our participating companies for a minimum salary of $31,000 and benefits. Fellows will spend each Friday dedicating their passion and skills to projects in partnership with local nonprofits.
We are now accepting applications for the 2018 class of Impact Fellows through March 18, 2018.
Apply today for this Impact Fellowship position with one of our participating Host Companies, The Mills Group.
ABOUT HOST COMPANY: THE MILLS GROUP
The Mills Group, a West Virginia Architecture-Planning-Preservation firm is a team of architects, designers, planners, and historians who work to improve our community through timeless, inspired design. We are excited to be a part on the Impact Fellowship in hopes of recruiting creative talent to work with Mills Group and aid our team in making a positive impact on the built environment of West Virginia. We look forward to building a greater relationship with Generation WV and with our Fellow.
ABOUT FELLOWSHIP POSITION AT THE MILLS GROUP
We are seeking either an Architectural Designer or a Graphic Media Arts Designer to join our team. Applicants with either skillset are encouraged to apply:
As an Architectural Designer at The Mills Group, a typical day might include the following:
· Design consultations with Architects / Clients
· Selecting Finishes, ordering samples and meeting with product representatives
· Updating the sample Library and staying current on product knowledge
· Surveying buildings
· Computer Modeling in Sketch Up and Revit
· Working with design team to execute construction drawings and documents
This job might be a good fit for you if:
· You have excellent client management, customer service, and presentation skills
· You enjoy working in project teams and within consultant teams on a variety of projects.
· You are an eager individual willing to learn and advance in a growing company
· You are someone who can see the big picture while maintaining a keen eye for detail.
To land this gig, you need to have:
• 2-4 years of architectural design experience
• A professional degree and licensure track is preferred
• Experience analyzing, planning, and designing various structures throughout all phases of the projects of any scale
• Experience developing construction documents on small to medium size commercial projects
• Knowledge of Revit Architecture software
• Knowledge of interior space planning and interior architecture and material
• Graphics design skills are preferred
HOW TO APPLY
The brief Phase 1 applications are due by midnight on Sunday, March 18, 2018. Phase 1 takes less than 15 minutes to complete. This part of the application consists of basic applicant information, a 60-word pitch on why you want to be an Impact Fellow, and make sure to rank The Mills Group as your first choice at https://generationwv.submittable.com/submit/105982/impact-wv-2018-application.
Please apply at https://generationwv.submittable.com/submit/105982/impact-wv-2018-application or visit weimpact.org for more information on the fellowship.
Bill Kuhn, Program Director, Generation West Virginia
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application