||Architectural Designer, Environmental
||Monigle is looking for full time architectural design team leader to help take one of our long-standing clients into the future with the same innovation and creative design that has allowed us such a strong position in the brand landscape.
• We require an individual with a strong sense of design, the knowledge of how to execute the design and the sensitivity of budget control
• Projects include, but are not limited to, working with large facilities for the rental car industry, involving multi-level floor plan layouts for both lobbies and rental car lots, remodels and new ground up building in support of the facility (lobbies, customer service buildings, exit plazas, car return canopies, etc.). Projects may also include interior and exterior signage and retail store design. These will all be under the umbrella of a multi brand car rental group that will have sites ranging from open lots, • Individual should be able to assemble a complete drawing package from site plan to finish details. This would include coordinating with and incorporating work from civil engineers, airport engineers and client requirements, to meet operational goals
• Candidate should have experience with civil engineering requirements for curb cuts and lot improvements, stick built frame construction, pre-fab building construction, foundations, electrical requirements and layouts, HVAC requirements and equipment for climate controlled facilities in a garage or open lot environment
• Responsibilities may vary and could include creating detailed specification drawings, Project Management, working with both sign companies and general contractors, as well as client interaction
• Candidate should be comfortable becoming a project lead for rental car group portion of our work portfolio.
• Priorities can change very quickly and the preferred individual needs to be flexible and focused at the same time and be able to multitask with ease
• We are looking for someone who can not only lead projects, but who has had success being client-facing, as our clients are often very involved in our projects. This responsibility would entail over-seeing a team of designers/contract employees for larger projects. It would also include managing client expectations and multiple vendors to meet pressing deadlines
Ideal Candidate Requirements
• A can-do attitude, is quick to take ownership and strives to produce work that “wows” clients
• A passion for contributing to a fun, humble, fast-paced culture
• An agile mindset, working on-site within a complex, cross-functional and collaborative ecosystem
• Experience in an architectural, interior or retail design practice working on a variety of service retail, fixture/furniture and commercial projects (not residential)
• Experience collaborating with graphic designers, industrial designers and marketing professionals
• Must have a good understanding of various building and fabrication techniques
• Ability to envision optimal details for manufacturing of custom design elements
• Knowledge of standard stick built framing, pre-fab building design and construction, foundations, civil engineering requirements for sites (on-site water retention and • Candidate should have ability to work within AutoCAD, Sketch Up, CorelDraw and/or Illustrator
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous design/management experience
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an exciting work environment and a full benefits package.
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application
If you feel your skills and personality are a good match, please respond with a cover letter, resume, portfolio link and salary requirements.