||Senior Project Architect (Residential Design Focus)
||San Francisco, California
||Martinkovic Milford Architects is an ambitious architecture firm seeking a Senior Project Architect (SPA) well versed in residential design to join our team in our San Francisco office.
Role Description & Details
The SPA role offers the opportunity to lead residential design vision and management, mentor our staff; assist the Principals in pursuing new work; foster client interactions and build rapport, oversee quality control; advance firm standards and procedures; and guide your professional development through our continuing education benefits.
The SPA has a high degree of autonomy in the design and management of residential projects from start to completion. You will demonstrate excellence in design, client goal management, construction budgets, project schedules, work plans, staffing, and project fees. The SPA is a leader in the firm who brings design and technical expertise, management best practices, and a passion to mentor and improve the knowledge base and performance of the team.
You will be working on projects where the successful application of your design and management talents will enrich the lives of home owners looking to improve their lifestyle and developers seeking to create unique and desired properties.
The skills we expect the Senior Project Architect to consistently practice and refine include:
• Ability to assemble, inspire, and lead a team of architects and consultants for the successful design and execution of custom residential projects
• Outstanding design talent coupled with the technical expertise to execute the vision
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively plan and manage complicated schedules, budgets, and resources
• Advanced technical skills and an ability to provide quality control oversight for the firm as a whole
• Superior interpersonal and written communication skills
• Software proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
• An understanding of MMA office systems, standards, and best practices and a desire to proactively maintain and improve them
• A deep understanding of our philosophy of design as a means to strategically solve problems and to enrich the users’ experience in the built environment
Qualities of the ideal candidate
• You thrive with autonomy and self-directed work. You understand how and when to delegate and in busy times you can triage work effectively and set expectations appropriately. In less busy times you can create ways for yourself and others to be productive on behalf of the team. You understand what it means to make a difference.
• You have a natural desire to do things right. You don’t need or want external motivators.
• You strive to communicate clearly and effectively with others. You recognize when details are left vague and you seek and provide to clarity.
• You volunteer yourself when you see others need assistance.
• You put the interests of the client and the team first.
• You are pleasant to work with. You add to each interaction.
• You make and keep commitments.
• You lead by example.
• You support others, not by waiting to be directed but through a deep understanding of how the firm works and what it takes for everything to work well together. Your daily focus is to make those around you even more successful.
• Salary Range is $105,000-$135,000
• Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, 7 paid holidays, health insurance contribution, 401K plan with firm contribution, discretionary bonuses, professional development stipend
• This position is full-time in our San Francisco office, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Requirements for application
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading residential design
• A degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture
Martinkovic Milford Architects is a 20-person firm with offices in San Francisco and New York. We enthusiastically apply our talent, ambition and passion for innovation to help our clients achieve their goals, and in so doing we know we are fulfilling our purpose. We look at how we can grow as individuals and how to apply our talents in service of client and firm. We think holistically about the progress of our firm and we invest every day in our shared success.
We offer employees comprehensive experience to multiple project, client and construction types, as well as all phases of design and construction. We do this to afford broad exposure to the many facets of the profession, and allow our architects to develop mastery of a variety of skills. When employees naturally gravitate to one project type or another, we support a concentration in the desired area and continued growth in that selected field of expertise.
Ultimately, it is our intention to grow our firm and to fulfil our purpose as individuals and as a firm of creating meaningful architecture that positively impacts the inhabitants’ lives. We know that we can accomplish things as a team that we can’t as individuals.
Our Guiding Values
Relationships are everything. We go out of our way to support one another within the firm, and know we can accomplish more as a team than as individuals. We seek to provide our clients with the very best service we can imagine. Not only is the project important to us, our ongoing relationship with each other and our clients is important to us.
Blue collar/white collar. While we provide the very best white collar professional services, we have a blue-collar approach to the work. We aren’t afraid of hard work or difficult challenges, and if something needs to get done any of us will do it. The approach to the work goes hand-in-hand with the quality of the work.
We are a meritocracy. We look for talented people who share our vision and values, and provide ample opportunities for individual challenges and growth while working in service of the client and firm.
How to Apply
To be considered, please email your cover letter, resume, work samples (both professional and academic) and desired salary to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application