||New York, New York
SHoP Architects is a world-renowned, innovative architecture firm located in downtown Manhattan. We are currently seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of an Associate.
Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency in conceptual design, construction documentation and construction administration. We are seeking a talented individual with the ability to work, both independently in a self-directed manner, as well as collaboratively within a project team.
• Produce compelling design solutions to complex problems.
•Contribute to the production of technical drawing sets and project specifications.
•Check and review drawings and specifications prepared by consultants, including architects, engineers, lighting designers, and others, including structural design calculations, for conformance with prescribed standards.
•Communicate with client and consultant team, in addition to reporting to the project team leader.
•Mentor and oversee the work of junior team members.
• Work closely with project team leader to develop management skills.
• Visit job sites and attend project meetings during construction, respond to requests for information, review and comment on shop drawings and other submittals
Skills + Qualifications
•Excellent design skills.
•Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• A positive attitude with an open and creative approach to working.
• Ability to work under pressure, while managing strict deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative and build consensus around project direction.
•Ability to translate complex designs into clear, concise details and construction documents
• Practical knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques and building codes.
•Proficiency in Revit and Rhinoceros, rendering using vRay, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
• Completion of a master’s degree or four-year (minimum) undergraduate professional degree in architectural design.
• 5+ years of related experience preferred; 4 years minimum related experience required.
•Please email your application to email@example.com with “YOUR NAME – Associate” as the subject line.
|Email resumes to:
|Additional Contact Information or Application