Search Architecture Forum Search   View/Edit Profile Profile

Berlin Architecture Jobs ExpatsBerlin Architecture Jobs Expats

dalvares
Job Seeker

Posted: 08/21/13 09:34pm  Reply with quote
Berlin Architecture Jobs Expats

Hi All, 
My fiance and are moving over to Europe from Australia and are deciding between somewhere in the UK or Germany (in particular Berlin, because we love that city).  My fiance is a graduate architect (not registered) with 3 years experience using Vector Works in a small architecture firm. She speaks a bit of German but is no where near fluent.  Just wondering if anyone can provide some insights at the moment based on the industry in Germany/Berlin on these questions we had. 
Is is essential to speak German working as an architect in Berlin? If not can you suggest any firms that employ English speaking architects? 
Is there a chance of an smaller firms focused on residential architecture that would employ expat? 
What are the expected salaries for someone with her experience and language shortfalls? 
What is the job market like currently? 
I myself am a research engineer (biomedical)  engineer so I confident language wont be much of an issue (socially though I am sure it would). 
Thanks any feedback or suggestions would be great. 
Daz
somi
Job Seeker

Posted: 09/24/14 11:48pm  Reply with quote

Join LinkedIn and stay connected to this network.